M1 MacBook Air battery optimisation failure in Ventura 13.3.1

In comparison to my Monterey (v12), after updated to 13.13.1 soft-update my MacBook air's battery optimisation is not functioning to keep the charge % to 80%... and its charging to complete 100%. were is the problem... is it the version of MacOS or the charger I am using(which by the way is 3rd party adapter).

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 18, 2023 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 3:07 AM

Hay... small update on above problem.

the issue was solved by recent 13.4, Xcode level system update have solved my issue(problem was at software level). Thanks apple team for answering to my request, now the battery optimiser works as it should. (hope MacOS 14 won't have such issues with my M1 model).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2023 3:07 AM in response to KSuraj

Hay... small update on above problem.

the issue was solved by recent 13.4, Xcode level system update have solved my issue(problem was at software level). Thanks apple team for answering to my request, now the battery optimiser works as it should. (hope MacOS 14 won't have such issues with my M1 model).

May 21, 2023 8:16 AM in response to ku4hx

... so you are saying it won't stop at 80%?, as the tech space recommends not to charge it to 100% for prolonging battery life. the feature name is batter optimisation, it should optimise the health of the battery by keeping it at ~80%.. not charging it to 100%... could you be more specific... its just i am anxious, and fix it before my Warrenty runs out.... as its 10days shy from losing its Warrenty..

M1 MacBook Air battery optimisation failure in Ventura 13.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.