Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Voice Memos from Voice Memos App to Apple Music App in a Playlist

It seems the only way to do this is quite cumbersome? You have to click on each voice memo file in the app. Drag it to the desktop. Then drag it from the desktop to a music playlist in the music app. But if you have gone through the effort to label each voice memo file, even following this meticulous method fails, because the voice memos upload into the apple music app reverting to some old original title and so it is impossible to locate and sort these voice memo files once they have been transferred into the apple music app. Please advise. Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 9:26 PM

Thank you for this reply. But the issue remains. The voice memos do not upload into the Apple Music App with their names. Rather the seem to upload to the Apple Music App with some older original title, and so it is impossible to identify, locate, and sort these voice memo files in the Apple Music App, once they have been transferred into the Apple Music App. Pointers?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2022 9:26 PM in response to picas

Thank you for this reply. But the issue remains. The voice memos do not upload into the Apple Music App with their names. Rather the seem to upload to the Apple Music App with some older original title, and so it is impossible to identify, locate, and sort these voice memo files in the Apple Music App, once they have been transferred into the Apple Music App. Pointers?

May 14, 2022 8:41 PM in response to picas

THANK YOU! That worked! I was successfully able to create a new playlist on my computer iTunes. Yay! However I have one question:

1) Older voice mails 2019 and older retained their custom file name and my newer voicemails reverted to a generic file name ie: "recording #3". Not a problem, as it was only a few I had to retype the custom file name. (this would be a problem if I had too many voicemails). However, I don't understand what was different from my older voicemails that transferred easily with custom file name intact.

I have Monterey OS12.3- is there some thing I need to do in Voice Memo that I am not doing currently to get my iTunes to recognize my custom file name?

Transfer Voice Memos from Voice Memos App to Apple Music App in a Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.