Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Measuring Heart rate variability

How/why is my Apple Watch giving me measurements of my heart rate variability for periods when I’m not wearing the watch?

I left the watch on the charger when I went to bed one night, and when I checked my HRV rating later the next day, there was a reading from 6-7am while I was asleep and the watch was not on my wrist.

This makes me suspect that the HRV measurements listed in the health app are bogus.

What is going on? Is this thing just feeding me a line of bull?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 7:24 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2022 9:37 AM in response to MickFury

Hi MickFury,

Do you wear or use any other health tracking devices that could be providing this data to your Health app? If not, we'd recommend making sure both your Apple Watch and iPhone are up-to-date to ensure the best performance. If updating doesn't help, you may want to unpair the watch and pair it again to your phone setting it up as new to see if that impacts the behavior of the software. Here's how to unpair your Apple Watch: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Measuring Heart rate variability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.