Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the bluetooth app says the airpods are connected but the audio still comes out of the macbook air speakers

the bluetooth app says the airpods are connected but the audio still comes out of the macbook air speakers - the M1 Macbook air cant producce sound through the airpods (says its connected) or even plugin earphones... how can I get some audio device to connect???

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:15 AM

It's not supposed to be this difficult. Did you try simply restarting your Mac? You ought to be able to select an output device as described in Change the sound output settings as I wrote, in which case every sound that normally goes to the built-in speakers goes to the selected device instead.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the ZOOM app. Ignore it for now. For troubleshooting purposes use the Music app or some other native Mac app that makes noise. Make that work with the AirPods, then find out why ZOOM isn't working.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 9:15 AM in response to innersurf17

It's not supposed to be this difficult. Did you try simply restarting your Mac? You ought to be able to select an output device as described in Change the sound output settings as I wrote, in which case every sound that normally goes to the built-in speakers goes to the selected device instead.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the ZOOM app. Ignore it for now. For troubleshooting purposes use the Music app or some other native Mac app that makes noise. Make that work with the AirPods, then find out why ZOOM isn't working.

the bluetooth app says the airpods are connected but the audio still comes out of the macbook air speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.