Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up Contacts

I have a Mac mini with Mojave, and my Contacts app (along with much else) is automatically backed up in iCloud. But I should like to be able to archive the Contacts in a stable way on my Mac.

I found these instructions online. in an Apple document: 'File/Export/Contacts Archive/Choose a location/Save', but when I did this, the attached warning appeared. As I wanted to archive Contacts, but also retain the current Contacts for everyday use, I played safe by clicking 'Cancel'. Which has got me nowhere. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.:

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 4:23 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 29, 2022 12:22 PM in response to Michael Graubart

Alas, I spoke (or rather, posted) too soon! What I saved in Information turns out not to be a backup at. all. It is an active duplicate of my present Contacts. Since the point of a backup of Contacts is to be able to go back to an earlier state of Contacts if a card has accidentally been deleted or wrongly modified, a 'live' duplicate of Contacts in its current state is of no use.

I realize, of course, that when I make a complete backup of my hard disk in Timr Machine and/ot Carbon Copy Cloner, I have got access to a proper backup of Contacts. But that.is a high-powered, long-winded way of correcting a simple mistake — or retrieving an old contact.

Back up Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.