Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage - my storage is occupied by nothing

Hello. I have an issue with my iCloud storage. I have a 50 GB storage plan. I have under 10 MB of files saved in my iCloud, but somehow it shows that more than 25 GB are used. I had photos and a failed backup that occupied almost 50 GB and yesterday I cleaned up my iCloud and deleted those files, but it still shows that I have more than half full. I don't know how to fix this and I need that space. I will attach a photo that shows the `orange` section is for documents and there is also a `grey` section occupied by.... nothing!? Or something that I can't identify.

Please help.

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:58 AM

Did you already check this article?

What's in Others in your iCloud storage - Apple Support

4 replies

Apr 29, 2022 5:08 AM in response to Ingo2711

Yes. I already checked some of the links I thought might help, but none provided a solution. The grey area is not defined nor by „others„ or anything else. It's just there. If I sign in from a browser, it shows that I have a total storage of 24.5 GB, when I actually have 50 GB. It's like it's a dead space lost somewhere. Maybe I should try and downgrade my storage back to 5 GB and than upgrade it back to 50 GB?

As a last resource, I will call costumer support, `cuz I'm stuck. Maybe they can help.

iCloud storage - my storage is occupied by nothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.