Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your iCloud storage is full" and I do not have any file on icloud

Hi,

for last couple of months I have issue that "my icloud storage is full", I'm on free plan and when I check I see that i have 5.6gb(documents, everything else is like 100mb) used out of 5gb.

I use icloud on my mac and ipad- I removed all files on both devices, I do not have backup set, when I go to https://www.icloud.com/ and check my icloud drive it's empty but I still have message that it's full...

So, any idea what can be the issue?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 1:43 AM

Hi,

thank you for the replay, "somehow" my icloud issue was fixed few days ago- I haven't do anything, i didn't even went to icloud.com anymore but when I checked it few days ago it was empty as it should be- so, not sure who and how fixed the issue but it's gone now.

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 15, 2019 9:34 AM in response to Marko07

Hi Marko07,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unexpectedly seeing storage full alerts for your iCloud storage, and checking documents on your Mac, iPad, and iCloud.com hasn't resolved the issue. I'd like to assist you.

On your Mac, make sure that the Trash has been emptied since deleting files from iCloud. Likewise, on your iPad, tap on Files > Browse > Recently Deleted, then make sure that nothing exists in that folder.

You can also visit the iCloud website > iCloud Drive > Recently Deleted, then be sure the documents are cleared out there. Also, from the iCloud website, click on Account Settings, then check to see which category is consuming the most storage. Additionally, be sure you're taking these steps to manage your iCloud storage:

Manage your iCloud storage

If you’re still having trouble, contact Apple Support for further assistance: 

Get Support

I hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Nov 19, 2019 11:37 AM in response to Marko07

Marko07,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details and for giving those steps a try.

I see that you’re unable to get in touch with Apple Support. From here, I recommend trying to reach them from another device or network. You can also locate the phone number that is most applicable to your region: Contact Apple for support and service

Have a great rest of your day.

Nov 17, 2019 11:57 AM in response to MichelleT18

Hi,

thank you for your replay- I forgot to mention that I already emptied trash both on my mac and on icloud(I do not have anything in recently deleted).

All of the storage is consumed by "Documents" but I still can't see anything on icloud, my icloud drive looks empty(only Numbers folder and it's empty as well.

And I've already checked all related topics for managing cloud storage but still no luck.

"Your iCloud storage is full" and I do not have any file on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.