Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music I own unavailable on iPhone

Some of the songs I have uploaded from CDs I own will not play on my iPhone 8+. When I try to play them, I get a message saying “This song is currently not available in your country or region”. BTW one of the songs that is unavailable is “Stairway to Heaven”, from a CD I purchased in 1986.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 7:55 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 30, 2022 11:56 AM in response to danielfromnorth augusta

Hi danielfromnorth augusta, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues playing some of the songs that you acquired from CDs.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Do you have an Apple Music subscription? If yes, does it help if you delete the affected songs, then add them again on your library.

Are you using a VPN on your device, on your router, or access point?

In the meantime, we recommend that you check for a software update.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, we recommend that you make sure that your Apple ID is set to the correct country or region.

Apple ID

Take care!

Music I own unavailable on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.