Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music hi-res lossless

What's an easy way replace your Apple Music downloads with hi-res lossless downloads? I have 1000 albums...

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 4:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2022 5:11 AM in response to picas

Thank you for your response. I was afraid of that. When hi-res was made available I began replacing favorites with new downloads, but with so many albums…

There was one comment that suggested moving the library to a playlist, then deleting everything but I don’t know how that would help besides keeping a list of your music.

I do have three devices with the library on all but that just brings up another question…two really.

First is where do I want downloads?

The second is when will Mac OS automatically adjust but rate as does iOS? With an iOS device connected to a DAC the selection’s proper bit rate is displayed on my DAC. But the Mac Mini sends and displays whatever bit rate the device is set to.

Apple Music hi-res lossless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.