Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the search bar for iTunes Store?

Where is the search bar for iTunes Store? In Music, I click on iTunes, when I use the search bar it automatically switches me to Apple Music (I want NOTHING to do with). I just want to search for the album I want, preview and when I like it I buy it. The process I want to do used to be a standard function. Is this just another BS money grab like removing the audio jack then selling an adapter to have it back?

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 1:57 PM

Click the search box at the top of the sidebar on the left and then click iTunes Store at the top right of the main screen. See information in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support including the screenshot below:

Similar questions

3 replies

May 1, 2022 4:50 PM in response to CC-Cyclist

Use the search box in the sidebar. And then click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window. If the option is not available, one possibility is that Lyrics or Playing Next are covering the options at the right side of the screen. In the Music menu bar click the View menu and click Hide Playing Next or Hide Lyrics if either of those is currently showing.

May 1, 2022 3:27 PM in response to FoxFifth

Hi, FoxFifth! I am running macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and I do not have those options when I open Music. I used to, that was how I searched the iTunes store, but now it only searches my library. "Itunes Store" is checked in my general preferences. When I click on "iTunes Store" in the menu on the left I get an iTunes store window with no search function and I can't get the Music app to search the store. It's frustrating. OS and Music claim to be the current versions.

Where is the search bar for iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.