Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical lines have appeared on my screen

I have had my MacBook Air for 2-3 years now, and it has been extremely disappointing. I am using Mojave 10.14.6. I do not use it for work, only for personal use. I have never spilled anything on it or dropped it. The logic board crashed after 10 months almost two years ago, and I lost all my data.

However, now the issue is that vertical lines have appeared on the left side of the screen; first it was just six or so, now there are loads of them, plus discoloration. It started two days ago, and has gotten worse. Of course I have tried shutting the computer down, restarting it, resetting the PRAM, and several other things suggested online. Is there any fix to this, or is it just another example of inferior quality?

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 6:19 PM

Assuming a restart does not resolve this (and it probably won’t), this appears to be a graphics hardware problem and is headed for a hardware repair. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss your options and alternatives with Apple.

Similar questions

2 replies

Vertical lines have appeared on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.