Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Irrelevant error appearing after syncing iPod every-time

I have started receiving an error after I sync my iPod on my Mac which reads

“raft raft v3 TOP” was not copied to the iPod “Sasha Gallaway’s iPod” because it cannot be played on this iPod.

"raft raft v3 TOP" is an mp4 which is a rendering of, well, a raft. This absolutely does not need to be on my iPod and I have no idea why this started happening. I created this file months ago and haven't even looked at it recently. There is no problem with this staying on my Mac and not going onto my iPod but the error message is very problematic, since it appears every single time I sync. I have used "find" through the music and movies folder with the terminal and it was nowhere to be found.

If anybody know why this is happening and what I can do about it so iTunes stops trying to sync it, please do let me know. I would also be helpful to know if I could just disable the error message. Thank you!

The iPod is a 160gb 6th Generation Classic

Note: I reposted this because I accidentally marked the original post as solved 😣 This unfortunately is a core flaw with apple forums; this guy also had a problem with it

Posted on May 1, 2022 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 2:37 AM

Create a smart playlist matching any kind of media with the rule Name contains raft raft v3 TOP. This should reveal the item in your library. If you uncheck it, and if your sync settings are such that you only include checked items, then it should now be excluded from the sync selections.

if that hasn't fixed it then perhaps you have a folder of photos, or an album in Photos/iPhoto selected for syncing to the device, and this file is within that.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 2:37 AM in response to sashagallaway

Create a smart playlist matching any kind of media with the rule Name contains raft raft v3 TOP. This should reveal the item in your library. If you uncheck it, and if your sync settings are such that you only include checked items, then it should now be excluded from the sync selections.

if that hasn't fixed it then perhaps you have a folder of photos, or an album in Photos/iPhoto selected for syncing to the device, and this file is within that.

tt2

Irrelevant error appearing after syncing iPod every-time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.