Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro a four months of delivery in US? Really? Why?

I made pre-order of MacBook Pro custom configuration on Mar 22, 2022

It said Ships: 4–5 weeks, Delivers: Apr 29 - May 6 by Standard Delivery

But on Apr 28 the delivery date changed to Jun 14 - Jun 28 with no email notification and no explanations. At the moment my pre-order delivery date was even later than if I buy it again from apple.com.

Why is this happened? Anyone had similar delays? What is a chances that it may be delivered in shorter term?

Is there any point of waiting a four months for the current MacBook model while there is a next model may be released this year?

Posted on May 1, 2022 3:14 PM

10 replies

May 1, 2022 4:19 PM in response to JulyIGHOR

JulyIGHOR wrote:

Don't feel alone it is par for the course, with global supply chain issue across the board.

You cancel your order anytime, before it moves from processing to shipping:

Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple

you have other options as mentioned by lobsterghost1 above...

Apple's open box/returns/refurbs/clearance these are in stock items and ship with 24-48 hrs. Inventory changes hourly/daily...

Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

other third party, see what is in stock:

ex. OWC/MacSales—

ref: https://eshop.macsales.com/configure-my-mac/macbook-pro

https://www.decluttr.com/us/store/category/computers-and-accessories

https://www.dvwarehouse.com

May 1, 2022 3:55 PM in response to JulyIGHOR

Lot's of people have had this happen to them. Perhaps you've not read about China and their Zero Covid Tolerance policies. How does that effect you? Guess where custom ordered MacBook Pro's are manufactured? Yep, China. And the very city where the manufacturing facility has been shuttered closed for about the last 6 or more weeks. If there is no one to make your MBP, it can't be made. If it can't be made, it can't be sent to you.

I'm sure you are just as disappointed as Apple is about this. They can't charge you until your custom MBP is shipped to you. If they can't charge you, they don't make money. You lose. Apple loses.

You have options:

1. Cancel your order if you can't wait
  2. Wait until the facilities open again and your order will surely arrive at some point
  3. Instead of buying a custom MBP, see if places like Best Buy may have something in stock which will meet your needs and if the do, buy it.
  4. Buy something completely different from a different manufacturer is
  5. Buy something from a different manufacturer if none of the above works for you

I'm typing on my brand new MacBook Pro 16" 1TB Space Grey, which I picked up at the Best Buy store just a few days ago.

May 1, 2022 7:48 PM in response to JulyIGHOR

You must be doing some unbelievably complex video processing to need that much ram?

I would recommend watching some of the many YouTube videos out there comparing the ram specs and why many are saying they wish they hadn't paid for so much more ram.

Your money and your choice entirely. But if you really need monster ram, you'll going to have to wait until your custom machine can be built. Or, find something else out there which meets the spec.

MacBook Pro a four months of delivery in US? Really? Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.