Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes password

What if you forgot your notes password and don’t have touch or Face ID? Like, I completely forgot it and cant reset the current one, so I cant get in. What do I do?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 1, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 6:10 PM

camila_palati Said:

"Notes password: What if you forgot your notes password and don’t have touch or Face ID? Like, I completely forgot it and cant reset the current one, so I cant get in. What do I do?"

-------

Recovering Notes:

1. Go Here: How to Lock Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you forgot your notes password
  3. Proceed from there as necessary
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 6:10 PM in response to camila_palati

camila_palati Said:

"Notes password: What if you forgot your notes password and don’t have touch or Face ID? Like, I completely forgot it and cant reset the current one, so I cant get in. What do I do?"

-------

Recovering Notes:

1. Go Here: How to Lock Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you forgot your notes password
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

May 2, 2022 5:52 PM in response to camila_palati

There is NO means to recover a forgotten Locked Notes Password. None. If you can't remember the password you set and you didn't create a locked notes password hint, you can keep guessing, but until you enter the correct password, the notes you locked will remain locked forever.

Things like this are extremely important to jot down somewhere for safe recall in the future. I use a simple notebook, which is locked and stored in a safe place to keep track of really important passwords/passcodes.

Notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.