Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.4.1 compass/orientation/raise to wake malfunction

hello.. I just updated my iPhone to the latest iOS version not more than a week now but today I found out that my compass, raise to wake, and auto-rotate doesn't work anymore. These things were functioning well just a few days ago and now it isn't. I already tried to reset all settings, turn on/off both auto-rotate lock and raise to wake but to no avail. Please help me get these things back to function again.

Thanks

nevermind. shortly after submitting this, I tried to rotate my phone again and it did. the raise to wake and compass functioned well again. the malfunctioning happened for just a couple of hours and now it's back to normal 💀

Posted on May 2, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 3:32 AM

First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If no better

Backup, restore to factory, and test, then restore from backup:-

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new.

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup. You would need to rescue your data from wherever you safeguarded it but you will lose all message history.

If that fixes it then it is probably a rogue app.

Otherwise arrange a repair

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 3:32 AM in response to shara291

First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If no better

Backup, restore to factory, and test, then restore from backup:-

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new.

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup. You would need to rescue your data from wherever you safeguarded it but you will lose all message history.

If that fixes it then it is probably a rogue app.

Otherwise arrange a repair

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

IOS 15.4.1 compass/orientation/raise to wake malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.