You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark Lines Showing on MacBook Screen Occasionally

Hi there, I have this issue in my 2017 MacBook Pro 13-inch, whenever I connect an HDMI on it, after a while there will be dark lines appearing on the bottom of the screen. If I turn off my MacBook, after a while it disappears, but it'll take a while. It also takes a while for it to showing on the screen, but it's more likely to happen whenever I connected to an external monitor using HDMI cable.

Can somehow identify what's this issue called, and how to solve this? Should I bring it to the repair centre? Thanks!

This is how it looks:

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:01 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 3, 2022 7:51 AM in response to AeroHollister

Hello AeroHollister,

We would suggest reseting the NVRAM on your MacBook Pro. The NVRAM is used to store certain settings to be access them quickly.

How to reset NVRAM
Option keyplusCommand keyplusP keyplusR key
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart.
• On Mac computers that play a startup sound, you can release the keys after the second startup sound.
• On Mac computers that have the Apple T2 Security Chip, you can release the keys after the Apple logo appears and disappears for the second time. 

More information is available here: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If the issue continues, does it happen with a different HDMI cable? What about if the HDMI cable is connected to a different device?

Isolating the issue can help determine the best steps to finding a solution.

Have a good day.

Dark Lines Showing on MacBook Screen Occasionally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.