Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with HDMI monitor for M1 Pro

I have a 14" M1 Pro (bought fall 2021). I have it connected to a Dell 4K monitor through USB-C and a LG 4K through HDMI. The Dell (USB-C connection) monitor never has issues but the LG (HDMI connection) stops being recognized by the laptop pretty regular, especially after the computer has been asleep for a bit. When I wake the computer, the Dell (USB-C connection works right away, but the LG (HDMI connection) often isn't detected. Unplugging the HDMI from the laptop and/or the monitor doesn't help, neither does turning off and turning back on the montior. The only thing that fixes it is a restart of the laptop. Which is a pretty big PITA.

Once I restart, it immediately recognizes both monitors and I am fine for a while.

Any ideas on how to fix this or what might be the issue would be appreciated!

Help, please.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:47 AM

HDMI cables you want for HDMI-only Monitors (higher resolutions than 720p TV sets) are marked as Certified with an anti-counterfeiting tag and are labeled:

"Premium High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "with Ethernet" --OR--

"Ultra High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "48G"

Cables with No Certification tags are good for your standard 720p TV set, and not much more.

"4K" at 60 Hz is the TOP speed of top quality HDMI cables.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 8:47 AM in response to JSSPEC

HDMI cables you want for HDMI-only Monitors (higher resolutions than 720p TV sets) are marked as Certified with an anti-counterfeiting tag and are labeled:

"Premium High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "with Ethernet" --OR--

"Ultra High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "48G"

Cables with No Certification tags are good for your standard 720p TV set, and not much more.

"4K" at 60 Hz is the TOP speed of top quality HDMI cables.

Trouble with HDMI monitor for M1 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.