Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted app not fully deleting

One specific app constantly reappears as a grey-ed out block when I reset the phone. I can't open it or do anything. When I delete it from there again, it is 'gone', but still shows up in a search and in the settings menu, although I can't open it. If I go to the app store to download it again, it shows the 'open' button, but nothing happens when you press it. So it isn't there, but it is, and I can't delete it fully, nor re-download.

I have hard reset several times.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:21 AM

I suggest that you contact that app's developer team and ask them. Use these instructions:--> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

7 replies

May 2, 2022 9:26 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Thanks Giulio - but there's a problem. Even though it is the largest retailer in southern Africa, the app support button takes you to facebook. I'm not kidding. I do not use facebook but tried to reach out to them anyway with no response. Surely there must be a way to get rid of the darn thing off my phone without needing their support?

May 2, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Zak021

Zak021 wrote:

Thanks Giulio - but there's a problem. Even though it is the largest retailer in southern Africa, the app support button takes you to facebook. I'm not kidding. I do not use facebook but tried to reach out to them anyway with no response. Surely there must be a way to get rid of the darn thing off my phone without needing their support?

Maybe, but reading your question and the troubleshooting steps you already performed (a forced restart of your device and/or a restore to factory settings then restore data from a previously created backup), I'm afraid I can't help you any further.

Does that app still appear if you go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage... and scroll down to search for that app's icon?

Should be this case, tap it. Can you re-delete it?

Deleted app not fully deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.