Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get icons to appear in the Favorites Icon Bar in Safari 15.4

How do I get icons to appear in the Favorites Icon Bar in Safari 15.4? All the instruction I find are old!

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 2, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 1:42 PM

Understood heather0kay,

While the bar itself will not display icons, if you organize your bookmarks into folders, you can see their default icons next to the name in the folder dropdown. Another option is to pin an open tab for a website you visit often. This minimizes the tab to just a page icon and may provide you a good alternative. See Pin frequently visited websites in Safari on Mac

1. In the Safari app on your Mac, drag the tab with the website you want to pin to the left side of the tab bar.
  2. When the tab shrinks and displays the website’s icon or initial, drop it in place.
  3. You can also choose Window > Pin Tab, or Control-click a tab, then choose Pin Tab.

Thanks!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 1:42 PM in response to heather0kay

Understood heather0kay,

While the bar itself will not display icons, if you organize your bookmarks into folders, you can see their default icons next to the name in the folder dropdown. Another option is to pin an open tab for a website you visit often. This minimizes the tab to just a page icon and may provide you a good alternative. See Pin frequently visited websites in Safari on Mac

1. In the Safari app on your Mac, drag the tab with the website you want to pin to the left side of the tab bar.
  2. When the tab shrinks and displays the website’s icon or initial, drop it in place.
  3. You can also choose Window > Pin Tab, or Control-click a tab, then choose Pin Tab.

Thanks!

May 3, 2022 8:21 AM in response to heather0kay

Hello there heather0kay,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

For help with accessing the Favorites bar, check out the steps below. Additional information can be found here: Customize the Safari browser window on Mac - Apple Support

Use the Favorites bar

• In the Safari app on your Mac, choose View > Show Favorites Bar.

If that isn't what you were looking to do, provide additional details for a more helpful reply.

Take care!

May 3, 2022 1:33 PM in response to heather0kay

HI there Heather,

While we recommend reviewing the entire website sent earlier, particularly under the section 'Manage bookmarks', it'll show some other options for managing those in Safari. Here's the link again just in case: Bookmark webpages that you want to revisit in Safari on Mac

If you'd like to submit feedback to Apple, you can do that here: Product Feedback

Take care!

How do I get icons to appear in the Favorites Icon Bar in Safari 15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.