Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen issue on MacBook Air

Last fall, we bought a refurbished 2017 MacBook Air 13" for a granddaughter to use in high school... It has happened at least once in January and today she sent a photo of what it is doing today. (Otherwise it has been a great laptop for her.) Can anyone explain what is happening? I hope it is not the screen going out but it almost appears (to me) to be interference of some kind...? I am attaching a screenshot from a video she sent showing what happened when she opened it in January (we blamed it on her leaving it in a cold car?). The second is a photo of the similar thing that happened today. I have worked with Macs for most of my career so I don't know what is happening. Is the screen going bad? Thanks in advance for any answers. (I will have to ask her tonight after school if she has tried to restart it; we haven't tried to reset the SMC or the NVRAM or PRAM.)

MacBook Air

Posted on May 2, 2022 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 1:06 PM

Unfortunately that looks a lot like a hardware issue with the screen

It is unlikely that resetting NVRAM or SMC will do anything, but it does not hurt to try.

Other than that:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2 replies

Screen issue on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.