Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail

My smart mailboxes have nothing in them today. They used to work.

I tried the trick of reindexing by using spotlight to remove and replace the MacBook Pro from the list, but I could not drag nor choose the MacBook Pro. 15" Touch Bar, Mojave. I did do this in the past and it has worked but not anymore.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 4, 2022 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 6:57 AM

Try the " Rebuild " in Apple Mail

ref. below

Similar questions

7 replies

May 4, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Judy

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

May 6, 2022 3:53 PM in response to BDAqua

I did the safe boot.

Then I restarted and tried again to use the spotlight reindexing.

Together they both seemed to work because I started to see the smart mail after a while.

But usually in the past when I did this, I could see that it said reindexing. (Of course the type is so light gray it is hard to see anything. )

After a while, I did see the small gray type. But it did not say indexing. It said downloading the messages.

I don't understand that. My messages were in the normal inboxes. But they did not seem to be in the smart mailboxes until they were downloaded. What does this mean?

May 7, 2022 1:28 AM in response to Judy

" After a while, I did see the small gray type. But it did not say indexing. It said downloading the messages.

I don't understand that. My messages were in the normal inboxes. But they did not seem to be in the smart mailboxes until they were downloaded. What does this mean? "

Agree on the light grey issue in macOS 12 Monterey, kind of a pain.

As for not saying indexing and downloading aspect. The re-downloading is effectively means, it is rebuilding / reindexing all the e-mail folders and messages.

When I move 5 to 10 e-mails all at once - the downloading appears very briefly

Noticed use profile MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

I realize this is often times inaccurate but on the off chance is is not - the current version of Monterey is 12.3.1

May consider updating 😃

mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.