Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

100K song limit is definitive/can't listen to more than 100K

Apple Music has a limit of 100K songs since you need your iCloud library to sync, add to playlists, etc. Apple Music states that you can listen to millions of songs, but you can't! Well, only if you do not add anything to your iCloud Library or playlists. I have been frustrated with the engineers/helpdesk that they do not even seem aware of this. I had to find a news article from a few years back. Apple is actually very secretive; they tell you that you can still play the library, even if you exceed this limit of 100K songs, but you can't. So why not tell your customers before you hook them up on you your extensive library? You think we will continue using it, because we have created all these playlists over the years?? It is misleading, and Apple should have unlimited libraries. I read a response by a helpdesk member that the library is "outdated", because people "stream" nowadays. But for streaming you need your iCloud library as well, that is if you wanna use playlists and add music for later reference, or do you want us to log into Apple Music and listen without a library or playlist? Because only then can you choose from millions of songs for you to listen to "individually". That is what YouTube is for, and even there there's not limit!

Posted on May 4, 2022 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 6:38 AM

So PS, in short over a 100K libary and you cannot play it, nor does it sync over several devices. It will stop dead as soon as it has hit 100K. On the iPhon it even crashes. Then afterwards you can only play playlists or a specific album. What's the use then?

Similar questions

1 reply

100K song limit is definitive/can't listen to more than 100K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.