Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri doesn't make currency conversion

Siri can do one way currency conversion (Dollars/Euros to Peruvian Nuevos Soles in my case) but it does not make the conversion the other way around (Peruvian Nuevos Soles to Dollars/Euros). Every time I ask how much is X amount of soles in Dollars or Euros it only gives me a conversion rate.

Note: I have also noticed that it does euros to dollars or dollars to euros flawlessly. At first I thought that peruvian soles was not supported but the conversion rate that it gives is perfect everytime.

Example:

When Siri is asked to change 20 euros to peruvian nuevos soles it does it flawlessly

But when Siri is asked how much is 20 soles in Euros Siri just gives the conversion rate:

How can I fix that? Thank you

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 3:13 AM

I haven't experienced the same issue, but you might try expressing the the query or command to Siri in different ways to see if that resolves it. The following screenshots might show onscreen a different version of what I said. For example, €20 instead of "twenty euros," or PEN instead of the letters spelled out individually (P E N).

"What is twenty euros in soles?" and "What is twenty soles in euros?":

"What is twenty euros in P E N?" and "What is twenty P E N in euros?":

"What is twenty euros in pen?" and "What is twenty pen in euros?":

"What is twenty euros in Peruvian soles?" and "What is twenty Peruvian soles in euros?":

"Convert twenty euros to soles" and "Convert 20 soles to euros":

"How much is twenty euros in soles?" and "How much is twenty soles in euros?":

You might also try typing to Siri to see what happens. Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Siri and temporarily toggle on Type to Siri. Press and hold the side button to bring up Siri.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 3:13 AM in response to ErnestoM2018

I haven't experienced the same issue, but you might try expressing the the query or command to Siri in different ways to see if that resolves it. The following screenshots might show onscreen a different version of what I said. For example, €20 instead of "twenty euros," or PEN instead of the letters spelled out individually (P E N).

"What is twenty euros in soles?" and "What is twenty soles in euros?":

"What is twenty euros in P E N?" and "What is twenty P E N in euros?":

"What is twenty euros in pen?" and "What is twenty pen in euros?":

"What is twenty euros in Peruvian soles?" and "What is twenty Peruvian soles in euros?":

"Convert twenty euros to soles" and "Convert 20 soles to euros":

"How much is twenty euros in soles?" and "How much is twenty soles in euros?":

You might also try typing to Siri to see what happens. Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Siri and temporarily toggle on Type to Siri. Press and hold the side button to bring up Siri.

Siri doesn't make currency conversion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.