Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails in my daughters inbox all just vanished

So my daughter just lost all of her emails in her mail inbox across four different accounts.

She called Apple support and they had no answer or solution.

But then I just read that this happened before with the Catalina OS.

Anyone else have recent problems or any answers as to retrieving lost emails?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 4, 2022 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 7:28 PM

Mouer Said:

"Emails in my daughters inbox all just vanished: So my daughter just lost all of her emails in her mail inbox across four different accounts.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted emails:

Are these eMail accounts all synced with one another? IF so, they would delete among all accounts, if deleted from on inbox. So, ask you daughter if she deleted them form one of those 4 accounts. View the Trash and Archived mailboxes, aswell.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 7:28 PM in response to Mouer

Mouer Said:

"Emails in my daughters inbox all just vanished: So my daughter just lost all of her emails in her mail inbox across four different accounts.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted emails:

Are these eMail accounts all synced with one another? IF so, they would delete among all accounts, if deleted from on inbox. So, ask you daughter if she deleted them form one of those 4 accounts. View the Trash and Archived mailboxes, aswell.

May 6, 2022 6:22 PM in response to Mouer

Mouer Said:

"Emails in my daughters inbox all just vanished: She had all her email accounts set up to be able to view them through her Apple iPhone 'Mail' App. She didn't delete anything from any of the different email accounts. Everything that was in her inbox disappeared.[...]"

------

One other thing to try...

Export the Mail, Avoiding Syncing:

If these are on a computer, then export them.  Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete these. So, power off your router to avoid this connection. Go here to Learn how to Export it: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

May 6, 2022 8:10 AM in response to TheLittles

She had all her email accounts set up to be able to view them through her Apple iPhone "Mail" App. She didn't delete anything from any of the different email accounts. Everything that was in her inbox disappeared.

The ones in her Gmail accounts went into her trash, so she was able to retrieve them. But the one's in her Yahoo accounts are just gone. Not in the trash, just gone completely.

There were emails from her grand parents that recently past away in her Yahoo inbox and now she has nothing.

She talked to Apple support for over an hour and they had no answers or solutions.

Emails in my daughters inbox all just vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.