Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

suddenly lost a whole set of emails

Suddenly, the emails are not showing up in one set of mailboxes I created "on my Mac"

This includes the primary mailbox and the 22 sub-mailboxes under it.

All the rest of my emails in all other boxes are showing up.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 9:05 PM

needsrescue Said:

"suddenly lost a whole set of emails: Suddenly, the emails are not showing up in one set of mailboxes I created 'on my Mac' This includes the primary mailbox and the 22 sub-mailboxes under it. All the rest of my emails in all other boxes are showing up."

-------

Retrieving eMails:

A. Open Other Folders: Look in the Trash ro Archived folders. See if they reside in there.

B. Check Other Device's Mail App:

• If Mail was enabled on your other devices (i.e. Mac) along with your iPhone computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on it to see if it exists in it. For a Mac, you'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Mail app. Then proceed from there with retrieving the eMail messages.
  • IMPORTANT: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Go here to Learn how to Export it: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 9:05 PM in response to needsrescue

needsrescue Said:

"suddenly lost a whole set of emails: Suddenly, the emails are not showing up in one set of mailboxes I created 'on my Mac' This includes the primary mailbox and the 22 sub-mailboxes under it. All the rest of my emails in all other boxes are showing up."

-------

Retrieving eMails:

A. Open Other Folders: Look in the Trash ro Archived folders. See if they reside in there.

B. Check Other Device's Mail App:

• If Mail was enabled on your other devices (i.e. Mac) along with your iPhone computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on it to see if it exists in it. For a Mac, you'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Mail app. Then proceed from there with retrieving the eMail messages.
  • IMPORTANT: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Go here to Learn how to Export it: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

suddenly lost a whole set of emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.