Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of e-mails

All the e-mails in the All Inboxes tab just disappeared this evening. I checked my iPhone, iCloud, This happened once before gmail and aol and they are gone from those sites as well. I tried to restore using Time Machine but you cannot just restore "Mail". There is a maze of entries that are listed with no obvious way of determining what they mean. This is the second time this happened on my MacBook Pro. The first time I never recovered the mail. I am using OS Monterey. I am not sure what the OS was the first time. I notice that I am not the first to report this problem.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 12, 2022 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 5:52 PM

kenfromsd wrote:

I don't believe it is an interface adjustment. I have used the same settings since I purchased the computer over a year ago including the Monterey update. This e-mail disappearance appears to be a one-time occurrence. It is working properly now although I remember this happening once some time ago. I just would like to recover the mail that I lost and I had no luck using Time Machine.

OK—thanks for quantifying the issue. One-off's are near impossible to justify a remedial action beyond a simple reboot; write it off as a glitch.

It is not a perfect science.

Depending on your email provider, and how you have the server side set up— you may be able to log in your account through a web browser— and see if a copy of your' missing' email is there on the server side.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 5:52 PM in response to kenfromsd

kenfromsd wrote:

I don't believe it is an interface adjustment. I have used the same settings since I purchased the computer over a year ago including the Monterey update. This e-mail disappearance appears to be a one-time occurrence. It is working properly now although I remember this happening once some time ago. I just would like to recover the mail that I lost and I had no luck using Time Machine.

OK—thanks for quantifying the issue. One-off's are near impossible to justify a remedial action beyond a simple reboot; write it off as a glitch.

It is not a perfect science.

Depending on your email provider, and how you have the server side set up— you may be able to log in your account through a web browser— and see if a copy of your' missing' email is there on the server side.

May 13, 2022 3:55 PM in response to kenfromsd

kenfromsd wrote:

I', having a senior moment. Here are the images I meant to show you.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/28954f2c-b6d0-415b-8fe6-d47f76b483b7
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/3977d3b8-72c5-48e8-871a-e0cae26bb88b

that is the complete email—san the link at the bottom: Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

The screens shots/red circles point to where you move you mouse to reveal the carrots/drop downs/+ signs / all to add or make changes within the mail side bar, in an effort to resolve the issue if it is simple an interface adjustment on your part.

Mail>Preferences should be self explanatory ...

ref:

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

What's new in Mail on Mac? - Apple Support

May 13, 2022 5:05 AM in response to kenfromsd

kenfromsd wrote:

All the e-mails in the All Inboxes tab just disappeared this evening. I checked my iPhone, iCloud, This happened once before gmail and aol and they are gone from those sites as well. I tried to restore using Time Machine but you cannot just restore "Mail". There is a maze of entries that are listed with no obvious way of determining what they mean. This is the second time this happened on my MacBook Pro. The first time I never recovered the mail. I am using OS Monterey. I am not sure what the OS was the first time. I notice that I am not the first to report this problem.

?

Mail issues loading content in macOS Monterey

I

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable:

• “Protect Mail Activity” /

• “Hide IP address” /

• “Block all remote content”

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

h

May 13, 2022 5:35 PM in response to leroydouglas

Loss of e-mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.