Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling and printing

How can I print material that has to be scrolled to be seen? (The directional triangles at the foot of the keyboard don't work when a print app is being used)

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 4, 2022 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:14 PM

Nike Said:

“Scrolling and printing: […]the print job resulting from this procedure will occupy more than one page. So, let's say that I have to scroll to print the ten pages of an article that can only be read by scrolling.”

———-

Either:

(A) Decrease the font size

Or…

(B) [Hold Down: “command” + “+”] keys to zoom in.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 10:14 PM in response to Niku

Nike Said:

“Scrolling and printing: […]the print job resulting from this procedure will occupy more than one page. So, let's say that I have to scroll to print the ten pages of an article that can only be read by scrolling.”

———-

Either:

(A) Decrease the font size

Or…

(B) [Hold Down: “command” + “+”] keys to zoom in.

May 5, 2022 3:50 AM in response to TheLittles

It worked! I don't see "reducing the font size" as a useful solution, but your second method worked. It took a little practice, but it worked. Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to have to do a bit of practice, because things didn't go smoothly; nevertheless, I FINALLY was able to print two pages from an article, and I could have gone further.

May 5, 2022 6:17 PM in response to Niku

Nike Said:

"It worked! I don't see 'reducing the font size' as a useful solution, but your second method worked. It took a little practice, but it worked. Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to have to do a bit of practice, because things didn't go smoothly; nevertheless, I FINALLY was able to print two pages from an article, and I could have gone further."

-------

You are welcome.

Scrolling and printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.