You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac repair delay

Anyone here have any insight why my MBP 13 early 2015 submitted to a NYC Genius Bar for battery service on April 15 is 15* business days in but is waiting for the part? Other than the battery, the machine passed diagnostic.

Posted on May 5, 2022 4:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:37 AM

Apple is starting to be hit by the component shortages at least for parts which include a Battery. Apple gave us an estimate of middle/late May for one of our laptops which has been waiting for a battery for two weeks already. China's COVID lockdowns for the past month had many factories shutdown and Russia's war isn't helping either.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 5, 2022 9:37 AM in response to JunkBuster

Apple is starting to be hit by the component shortages at least for parts which include a Battery. Apple gave us an estimate of middle/late May for one of our laptops which has been waiting for a battery for two weeks already. China's COVID lockdowns for the past month had many factories shutdown and Russia's war isn't helping either.

May 7, 2022 10:46 AM in response to JunkBuster

I have this EXACT same issue. Sent my MBP(Early 2015) in to AppleCare(mail in, not retail) on 4/11. On 4/18 I received an email that said that a part to complete the order is out of stock, it would be in stock 5/2 and the machine should be repaired by 5/3. Before 5/3 I was only able to get a generic answer. If you got a similar email, wait a few days after their ETA and call AppleCare. Explain the situation, that you have not had your computer in almost a month. I merely asked what part they were waiting for cause I was curious, but it seems that they might take care of me(it was a topcase for a battery replacement).

Mac repair delay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.