Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All calendar events disappeared from Mac. Still visible on iPhone and iCloud

All the calendar events have disappeared from my Macintosh. There are hundreds, past and future, in multiple calendars. They are all gone. They don't appear in the calendar view and they don't appear when I search for them.

The calendar events all still appear in iCloud and on my iPhone.

I have toggled the view for each calendar on and off. I have quit the Calendar app and restarted it. I have rebooted my Macintosh. All the events are still gone.

I have confirmed that my Mac is still set up to sync calendar data with iCloud.

Does anyone know a safe way to get these calendar events back onto my Mac? I have thought about turning iCloud syncing off and then on again, but I don't want to do anything that will delete the events from iCloud and my iPhone.

I am using a MacBook Pro with Mac OS 11.6.5, the latest available for this machine.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 5, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 7:05 AM

I believe I just fixed this.

1. I quit the Calendar app.
  2. I opened the folder ~/Library/Calendars/ and used Time Machine to restore yesterday's copies of the files "Calendar Cache", "Calendar Cache-wal", and "Calendar Cache-shm".
  3. I restarted the Calendar app. All my events had reappeared.

Hopefully this sticks, and the problem doesn't recur.

(Before taking the above steps, I deleted those three files. Yikes, when I restarted the Calendar app all my calendars had disappeared. So no events, and no calendars. Luckily taking the steps above got everything back the way it was supposed to be.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 7:05 AM in response to Andrew Shalit

I believe I just fixed this.

1. I quit the Calendar app.
  2. I opened the folder ~/Library/Calendars/ and used Time Machine to restore yesterday's copies of the files "Calendar Cache", "Calendar Cache-wal", and "Calendar Cache-shm".
  3. I restarted the Calendar app. All my events had reappeared.

Hopefully this sticks, and the problem doesn't recur.

(Before taking the above steps, I deleted those three files. Yikes, when I restarted the Calendar app all my calendars had disappeared. So no events, and no calendars. Luckily taking the steps above got everything back the way it was supposed to be.

All calendar events disappeared from Mac. Still visible on iPhone and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.