Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods Pro stopped reading my messages.

My airpods pro stopped reading my messages even when my phone is dark? My Announce Notifications are also on?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 5, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 2:51 PM

This simply doesn't work. Siri used to read my messages when they came in, and now they are never read. Nothing in any of the support documents helps. I have all of the settings I need to have on to make this work.

3 replies

May 6, 2022 12:07 PM in response to marisol_9218

Hey there marisol_9218,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, have you had an opportunity to go through all the steps listed in the "If you don’t hear Siri announcements" section in the Related Article: Announce notifications with Siri on AirPods or Beats - Apple Support

If so, try restarting your iPhone and test the issue again. While restarting may seem like a simple step it can sometimes resolve issues such as this. If still having issues after restarting the iPhone, next try resetting your AirPods, and ensure that the Announce Notifications settings are reenabled. For steps on restarting your iPhone, and resetting your AirPods check out the links below:

Keep us updated on the results.

Have a great day!

My AirPods Pro stopped reading my messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.