Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil

Has anyone else had the 2nd generation Apple Pencil break/crack from there the tip is on the casing down about an inch because recently I took my Pencil of my iPad and noticed this crack not there before. I did drop it from a very short height but was not there when picked up. I might not have seen it but please let me know if I’m the only one.

Posted on May 5, 2022 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 4:38 AM

Your description might suggest that the Pencil was dropped onto its tip - this being screwed-in to the body of the Pencil - causing the body to crack.

If your iPad has benefit of an active AppleCare+ insurance plan, your Pencil will have benefit of having cover for accidental damage. With AppleCare+, your Pencil can be replaced by Apple for just a small insurance excess/deductible charge of $29 USD / £25 UKP or local currency equivalent.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 4:38 AM in response to Landon_G

Your description might suggest that the Pencil was dropped onto its tip - this being screwed-in to the body of the Pencil - causing the body to crack.

If your iPad has benefit of an active AppleCare+ insurance plan, your Pencil will have benefit of having cover for accidental damage. With AppleCare+, your Pencil can be replaced by Apple for just a small insurance excess/deductible charge of $29 USD / £25 UKP or local currency equivalent.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.