Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 Pro - line across screen

Hi all, so i have anew iphone 13 Pro. The problem I have is that there is a horizontal line across the top of the screen. It´s brand new and hasn´t been dropped. I spoke to apple about it and they said it was a software issue transferred across from my old iphone, so I needed to do a full factory reset and instead of using my old icloud backup or transfer, i needed to install all the apps one by one. So i did that and as soon as i started installing apps again...boom, stupid line across the screen. I dont know what to do?? not sure if the phone is a dud or not. Because i started up my old phone and there is no horizontal line???

It almost seems like the new phone which has a bigger screen, still thinks that it has the smaller screen of the older phone....any help would be great, otherwise, a refund or new phone is in order.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:49 AM

I tried all of that, the line still appears. But strangely enough only once I have locked the screen then unlocked it again.

i have done full factory reset and then started adding apps. But the problem keeps coming back.

4 replies

May 5, 2022 10:36 PM in response to Iphonw13fml

Did you try to set your phone back to factory settings on your computer and set it up "as new device" after that and add your personal info manually?

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Then test it with only the default apps installed.

If the screen still has the line, visit an Authorised Apple Service Provider next to your place and let them check the iPhone.

Use this link to find one:

Apple - Find Locations

In case the issue is gone, use your latest backup to restore from and test again.

If the lines come back, the problem is caused by the data in the backup.

Iphone 13 Pro - line across screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.