Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open webpages when connected to cell and wifi

My iPhone is showing a good cellular signal and a good Wi-Fi connection but when I try to open a webpage I get an error message. Safari says it can't establish a connection to the server. Chrome tells me the webpage is not available. If I turn off the Wi-Fi everything works fine. It seems the browsers are conflicted between using cell data or Wi-Fi. Are there any solutions for this?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 6, 2022 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 7:40 AM

Connecting to wi-fi will disable cellular.

You seem to have a general problem with wifi Data Traffic.

Reset network settings in Settings, General, Transfer or reset, Reset

Reset the router to factory settings, usually a pinhole in the router case.

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi otself

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 7:40 AM in response to penst8

Connecting to wi-fi will disable cellular.

You seem to have a general problem with wifi Data Traffic.

Reset network settings in Settings, General, Transfer or reset, Reset

Reset the router to factory settings, usually a pinhole in the router case.

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi otself

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

Can't open webpages when connected to cell and wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.