Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make my Macbook Air (2020) support two external screens?

The specs on this computer only allow 1 external screen and I've read that you can download something to make it support more. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have the cords etc and am all set that way. The previous version supported this and at this time my only option is to upgrade the computer for another $1000 to get a pro that supports many screens and this is not an option.

Apple giveth and Apple taketh away! FRUSTRATING.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 6, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:18 PM

Use an external display with your MacBook Air - Apple Support describes your options including how to determine the maximum number of external displays your MacBook Air supports.

5 replies

May 10, 2022 4:54 AM in response to Melissa_needs_HELP_

Any time that you find some workaround for an unsupported operating mode for a computer, such as a DisplayLink capable hub and software, any macOS update can break that functionality at any time and you are at the mercy of the vendors to play catch up to update their software, if they are even able to.

Bottomline, if you need support for two displays, you need to buy a computer that supports two displays.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.