Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal warranty on iphones

I bought my iphone in Dubai . I am a frequent traveler suppose i am traveling to europe all of sudden something is happened with my phone . So apple repair my phone under warranty or not bcoz i bought my iphone in Middle East?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 9:45 AM

shaankoy09 wrote:
I bought my iphone in Dubai . I am a frequent traveler suppose i am traveling to europe all of sudden something is happened with my phone . So apple repair my phone under warranty or not bcoz i bought my iphone in Middle East?

Most Apple products have a worldwide warranty. Not iPhones though. And probably not anything with a cellular modem (like a cellular iPad), as those are heavily regulated as well as some other things that are regulated by country. Apple's warranty terms state that certain items may not be eligible for warranty service outside of the country of original purchase. The primary issue is that quite a few "repairs" are really just swaps of the entire device or perhaps the logic board. And in those cases their policy is that they will only replace iPhones with a functionally identical part or replacement device.

These are the warranty terms that apply in the UAE (I believe EMEA stands for "Europe, Middle East, Asia):

Legal - iOS Warranty EMEA English - Apple
Legal - iOS Warranty EMEA Arabic - Apple
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD, APPLE TV AND HOMEPOD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.
Apple reserves the right to change the method by which Apple may provide warranty service to you, and your Apple Product's eligibility to receive a particular method of service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. Apple may use Apple Products or replacement parts for service that are sourced from a country that is different from the country from which the Apple Product or original parts were sourced. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Apple may repair or replace products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.

I've heard of all sorts of things happening, from the warranty being honored to the extent that it can (especially if it's something simple like a battery or front screen assembly which are universal parts), to a customer being told that they would need to physically be in the country of purchase to get a repair. And perhaps one-off exceptions made, but nothing that I would ever count on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 9:45 AM in response to shaankoy09

shaankoy09 wrote:

Most Apple products have a worldwide warranty. Not iPhones though. And probably not anything with a cellular modem (like a cellular iPad), as those are heavily regulated as well as some other things that are regulated by country. Apple's warranty terms state that certain items may not be eligible for warranty service outside of the country of original purchase. The primary issue is that quite a few "repairs" are really just swaps of the entire device or perhaps the logic board. And in those cases their policy is that they will only replace iPhones with a functionally identical part or replacement device.

These are the warranty terms that apply in the UAE (I believe EMEA stands for "Europe, Middle East, Asia):

Legal - iOS Warranty EMEA English - Apple
Legal - iOS Warranty EMEA Arabic - Apple
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD, APPLE TV AND HOMEPOD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.
Apple reserves the right to change the method by which Apple may provide warranty service to you, and your Apple Product's eligibility to receive a particular method of service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. Apple may use Apple Products or replacement parts for service that are sourced from a country that is different from the country from which the Apple Product or original parts were sourced. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Apple may repair or replace products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.

I've heard of all sorts of things happening, from the warranty being honored to the extent that it can (especially if it's something simple like a battery or front screen assembly which are universal parts), to a customer being told that they would need to physically be in the country of purchase to get a repair. And perhaps one-off exceptions made, but nothing that I would ever count on.

May 7, 2022 6:44 AM in response to shaankoy09

It's at the discretion of the people at the service center. They're not obligated to honor the warranty on iPhones from outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, and may not be able to replace the unit with one that's functionally identical to the original.

If the particular country you're travelling to isn't within the area, they won't be obligated to honor the warranty on units from outside it.

(217929)

Internal warranty on iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.