Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue iMac trackpad

I purchased an open box blue iMac ... returned item... without a trackpad. I'd like to add the matching blue anodized trackpad with white top. I called Apple support about something else and this came up. He connected me with Ruby. (RECONNECT 1) Ruby informed me that it could be done if I had a purchase number, and that she would connect me to AppleCare ... they could do this, Ruby said. (RECONNECT 2) I was connected by the 'system' to someone who said oops wrong department, let me get you to the correct number. I was so confident after speaking with with Ruby I stopped getting names and departments. So I blithely agreed to be reconnected. (RECONNECT 3) The next guy said he was 'pre-sales' and I needed to talk to "post-sales"... He could only offer white or black.... so again I trustingly took no name.. and (RECONNECT 4) was connected to a lady in post sales who "googled it." This lady also checked the website (black only). "Anything else I can do for you?"

Posted on May 7, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 2:44 PM

I was able to order the iMac M1 blue trackpad. I called a second time. Kirin in Apple Support helped me to order a trackpad to match my Blue iMac M1 that I purchased without a trackpad.

There was some question at first that Kirin had to take a small amount of time to resolve, so it was a tiny bit of a nail biter until Kirin said, "OK. I will send you a link so you can pay. Now let me confirm this is a blue magic track pad.... " Not Kirin's exact words but Kirin was very professional and methodical and YAY!

Thank you Kirin!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 2:44 PM in response to iMac_Accessory_Sales

I was able to order the iMac M1 blue trackpad. I called a second time. Kirin in Apple Support helped me to order a trackpad to match my Blue iMac M1 that I purchased without a trackpad.

There was some question at first that Kirin had to take a small amount of time to resolve, so it was a tiny bit of a nail biter until Kirin said, "OK. I will send you a link so you can pay. Now let me confirm this is a blue magic track pad.... " Not Kirin's exact words but Kirin was very professional and methodical and YAY!

Thank you Kirin!

Blue iMac trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.