Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect my iPad with Wi-Fi.

can't connect my IPAD with wifi as well as can't sign in with my apple ID

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:43 PM

You will be unable to sign in with your Apple ID if you cannot connect to wi-fi. If you are experiencing a problem with connecting to your wi-fi, then see the troubleshooting steps here, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support If you need additional help come back.

2 replies

May 7, 2022 4:11 PM in response to midreen

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Can't connect my iPad with Wi-Fi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.