Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sea gate External Hard Drive

I’m unable to download or import anything to my external hard drive (failed permission). I can manually move items, but I can’t download to the drive. Any ideas?

Posted on May 7, 2022 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 9:11 PM

TommyBStl Said:

"Sea gate External Hard Drive: I’m unable to download or import anything to my external hard drive (failed permission). I can manually move items, but I can’t download to the drive. Any ideas?"

-------

Troubleshooting External Drives with Mac:

A. Re-Mount the Drive in Recovery Mode:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 9:11 PM in response to TommyBStl

TommyBStl Said:

"Sea gate External Hard Drive: I’m unable to download or import anything to my external hard drive (failed permission). I can manually move items, but I can’t download to the drive. Any ideas?"

-------

Troubleshooting External Drives with Mac:

A. Re-Mount the Drive in Recovery Mode:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

Sea gate External Hard Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.