Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi problem with I Pad

I have 2 Wi-Fi’s given me, same except one is 5G. A few months ago 5G disappeared. It is on my network but does not connect and says I can’t join. Spectrum has no clue & wants to send a tech to my home. I used to interchange both and now both say “weak security”, but I cannot use 5G. I just found this community. Any help? My Modem & Router are 2 in 1 and Spectrum just had me reset the box by holding a paper clip inside the reset opening above the coaxial cable, but it only disconnected Spectrum on my phone, so I lost the dial tone & Spectrum repair.

(Beth)

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on May 7, 2022 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 1:51 AM

and now both say “weak security”,

See the following Apple articles:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

2 replies

May 9, 2022 7:40 AM in response to COR3LIZ7

Scrounge/borrow a second Wi-Fi client (another iPhone, iPad, laptop, etc), and determine what happens with that different (second) Wi-Fi client.

If that client also shows no 5 GHz Wi-Fi, and also shows the other issues, it’s likely the Wi-Fi box.

If the second Wi-Fi client works, it’s probably the iPad, and follow the suggestions in the reply above.

Wi-Fi problem with I Pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.