Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete "Docs" from iCloud storage?

I've asked Google and searched the forums, but so far not found my answer.

I have the free plan (5GB), but I don't really use it. I have zero pictures, and I have just deleted some stray files in iCloud Drive (deleted and then deleted from the deleted folder).

But I still have 3.25GB of "Docs" in the iCloud storage breakdown that I just can't find anywhere. On my iPhone (12 Pro, iOS 14) I see:

Backups - 673.1 MB

Voice Memos - 941.2 MB

Other Apps (total) - 185.9 MB

Shortcuts - 27.9 KB

Excluding Backups (which seem to be categorised/subtotalled separately on the iCloud breakdown) this gives me a total of around 1127 MB or 1.1 GB. Assuming that this is part of the "Docs" subtotal, where is the other 2.15 GB of data?

iCloud Drive on both iPhone (Files) and accessing via browser both say they're empty with no files. iCloud Photos is empty.

If anyone can help me figure out where this extra 2.15 GB of data is hiding, and how to get rid of it, would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on May 8, 2022 2:26 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 9, 2022 12:35 AM in response to AoifeUnudottir

Take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Home > your user name > iCloud Drive ( Archive ) .

Right click over iCloud Drive ( archive ) and click on get info , the personal documents / folders / files that are stored in it will occupy the space .

You can select them again right click on them delete Delete shared files or folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support then check the iCloud storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Read some articles Go directly to a specific folder on Mac - Apple Support

Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t find a file on Mac - Apple Support

May 9, 2022 8:36 AM in response to tygb

Hi there! Thanks for your reply.

I'm not seeing the menu options you're describing. I'm using a desktop PC, so I have the Windows iCloud programme. Using the PC Desktop iCloud I don't have a top menu bar. I can see a breakdown of different parts of iCloud, including iCloud Drive with an empty tickbox next to it, but clicking on this only toggles the tickbox and doesn't redirect me anywhere.

I've tried going in via web browser (Chrome). Along the top menu bar, on the left hand side I can switch between things like Mail, Contacts, Calendar, iCloud Drive etc. When click on iCloud Drive, I have options in the middle to create a new folder or to upload.

On the right there is my name - when I click on it, the only options are: Account Settings, Help, Sign Out. When I click on Account Settings, I can see my devices and options regarding my account, but nothing here about iCloud Drive or archive.

May 10, 2022 11:05 AM in response to tygb

Thanks again for your time.

I've followed the steps in the linked guide to make iCloud appear in Windows explorer. Gave it 24 hours to sync. Currently I see 3 folders:

.Trash folder (hidden) - empty

Downloads - empty

Shortcuts (has one file inside relating to Shortcuts data)

If I right click and view Properties for iCloud Drive in Windows Explorer, it reports 3 Files, 3 Folders, 988 bytes

Is there anything else I can try?

How to delete "Docs" from iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.