You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a MacBook Air 2020 M1 from RSA (South Africa) and I just leant it needs to activate and reinstall MacOS after using if for 2 weeks but it was linked with a different Apple ID initially, How can I get to activate it?

I bought a MacBook Air 2020 M1 from RSA (South Africa) and I just leant it needs to activate and reinstall MacOS after using if for 2 weeks but it was linked with a different Apple ID initially, How can I get to activate it?

Posted on May 8, 2022 3:33 AM

1 reply

May 8, 2022 3:46 AM in response to Robert-Pierre

What makes you think you need to reinstall the OS? Are you having problems?

If you can sign in locally, I assume you can, you can sign out of the current Apple ID (delink) sign back in with your unique personalized Apple ID and password. That new Apple ID will establish you as the official Apple-recognized user.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.