Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This computer is already associated with an Apple ID" despite using the same ID? [iTunes Match]

I am trying to set up iTunes Match on my MacBook. I have always had the same Apple ID, for the purposes of this post I will call it hello@gmail.com. In System Preferences > Apple ID, I double checked the device's Apple ID is indeed hello@gmail.com. When I sign into iTunes, this is also the ID which gets prompted. I enter my password so that I can purchase the iTunes Match feature, and the following message appears:

This computer is already associated with an Apple ID.

If you subscribe to iTunes Match with your Apple ID, you cannot use iTunes Match, auto-download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days.

Cancel or Transfer

I do not understand why I am getting this message, and am afraid that if I hit Transfer, I won't be able to download / access my music from my iPhone, which is precisely why I want iTunes Match in the first place.

Can anyone tell me why this error is occurring, and if hitting Transfer will prevent me from accessing that music for 90 days?

Any help would be lovely/

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 8, 2022 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 8:04 AM

Have you changed the email address associated with the Apple ID, or used this computer to access content from another ID at any point? Is is a second hand machine or have you created a profile for another user? See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for details about association, but the bottom line is that if hello@gmail.com is the only ID you want to use for iTunes Match or downloading media going forward, and is the one you use for both your iPhone and computer, then you can go ahead and click transfer.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 8:04 AM in response to LordoftheFlies

Have you changed the email address associated with the Apple ID, or used this computer to access content from another ID at any point? Is is a second hand machine or have you created a profile for another user? See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for details about association, but the bottom line is that if hello@gmail.com is the only ID you want to use for iTunes Match or downloading media going forward, and is the one you use for both your iPhone and computer, then you can go ahead and click transfer.

tt2

"This computer is already associated with an Apple ID" despite using the same ID? [iTunes Match]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.