Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download music - transfer device from other Apple ID - temporary problem 1001

I'm trying to download my Apple Music playlists on my Mac. When I'm trying to do the same on iPhone or iPad, everything works fine. But when I try to download the playlists on my Mac, it says that the device is linked to another Apple ID and that I need to transfer it. But when I press transfer, the following error message is shown: "There was a temporary problem completing your request. An unknown error occurred (1001) - try again later". I saw this article so I asked the previous owner to remove the computer from his Apple Music. He removed the laptop but the message is still there. I tried to google for a solution but found no answer so I hope someone here can help me resolve this.

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 5:44 PM

I would contact Apple Support and see if they can help with this.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't download music - transfer device from other Apple ID - temporary problem 1001

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.