Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Viewer" provides only a small thumbnail.

After loading images into a folder on an external HD, I click on an image and touch the space bar to open the image in what a support person called "viewer". The Frame has no controls, but offers in the tip left a bar which will open the image in Preview. I find it convenient to just go through the images with the space bar to open and direction buttons to go quickly through them.

Recently the images open with the space bar as very small thumbnails instead of nearly full screen images. Apple Support appears to be baffled by this. A screen share confirmed the issue is real. Has anyone else had this issue, and found a resolution?

Don Campbell, photographer

Candid Life Photography

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 8, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 7:46 PM

don.c wrote:

After loading images into a folder on an external HD, I click on an image and touch the space bar to open the image in what a support person called "viewer". The Frame has no controls, but offers in the tip left a bar which will open the image in Preview. I find it convenient to just go through the images with the space bar to open and direction buttons to go quickly through them.

Recently the images open with the space bar as very small thumbnails instead of nearly full screen images. Apple Support appears to be baffled by this. A screen share confirmed the issue is real. Has anyone else had this issue, and found a resolution?

Candid Life Photography

What happen if you drag the 'Quick Look' window larger...?

View and edit files with Quick Look on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 7:46 PM in response to don.c

don.c wrote:

Candid Life Photography

What happen if you drag the 'Quick Look' window larger...?

View and edit files with Quick Look on Mac - Apple Support

May 8, 2022 4:58 PM in response to don.c

I don't know anything about the thumbnail issue except I have seen other posts.

I'm responding here in reference to the lack of controls. QuickLook isn't designed to provide much of anything but showing what is in the file. However, I recently learned you can start a QuickLook Slideshow by holding down Option when hitting the Spacebar for QuickLook. There are a few more controls to move forward and back. But, I just do that in regular QuickLook with the arrow keys.

"Viewer" provides only a small thumbnail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.