Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pixelated icons in file manager

For some reason the preview icons in file viewer are badly pixelated for jpg files but not for their raw equivalents, but only at maximum icon size. If I slide it one step lower, the pixelation disappears on the jpg image. The effect is reversible! I would prefer to have larger, more densely packed icons. Perhaps there is a better file viewer I should be using?

This topic has come up before but I am reposting in case a solution has come up.

Two files (raw and jpg) at max icon size:

The two files at one notch lower size:

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 6:00 AM

TimMousseau wrote:

For some reason the preview icons in file viewer are badly pixelated for jpg files but not for their raw equivalents, but only at maximum icon size. If I slide it one step lower, the pixelation disappears on the jpg image. The effect is reversible! I would prefer to have larger, more densely packed icons. Perhaps there is a better file viewer I should be using?

try changing the size of the thumbnails and compare your results.

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 6:00 AM in response to TimMousseau

TimMousseau wrote:

try changing the size of the thumbnails and compare your results.

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

Pixelated icons in file manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.