Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting same range across two storylines

Hi! Sorry, new to FCP. I have a video where I am including a smaller window-in-window effect for the entire video, and they are synced up (that is, things happen in the smaller picture-in-picture that need to sync up with what is happening in main video.

I need to remove the same range in BOTH the clips (garbage truck drove past during recording), so they remain synced.

I can write down timecodes and delete separately, but this seems so laborious. Not to mention, the two clips seem to have different timecodes!? I'm worried they will get out of sync...

Is there a way to select the same range across both of these clips and delete the it, keeping them lined up?

Thanks!

Posted on May 9, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 9:14 AM

If the clips are stacked in the timeline, put the playheads where you want and use ⇧ ⌘ B to blade across both. Make another cut. Select the two sections to remove and delete, and the magnetic timeline should close the gap.

Similar questions

2 replies

Selecting same range across two storylines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.