Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management step prompts at start-up of new MacBook Air

MacBook Air 2018

(refurbished by a company -> Backmarket)

Purchased in mid-April. Haven't had a chance to use it much because of my full-time job.

I was starting to set it up today, I went through the whole process to the point of the completed loading bar after the initial selection of downloading the latest Mac OS app (Monterey)

THEN. This Remote Management step popped up and was unavoidable.

A few notes, I have no connection to AT&T Corp. I've contacted the company I bought the laptop from and am waiting on a response. Anyone out there have this issue after buying refurbished? Just my luck.

This is preventing me from using the computer and the ability to fully setting it up.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 9, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 3:14 PM

Seems like this Mac is enrolled in Mobile Digital Management and is managed by AT&T. Only AT&T can remove it from their management.

You have to wait for an answer for the refurbishment company.

Other users have had similar problem when they purchased a computer previously owned and managed by a company but the company did not remove it from their management.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 3:14 PM in response to whatislivdoinghere

Seems like this Mac is enrolled in Mobile Digital Management and is managed by AT&T. Only AT&T can remove it from their management.

You have to wait for an answer for the refurbishment company.

Other users have had similar problem when they purchased a computer previously owned and managed by a company but the company did not remove it from their management.

Remote Management step prompts at start-up of new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.