Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes problem

i have windows 7 and cannot update to newest version. when I try to restore an ipad 8 it says need to update to most current > i cannot get it to update past 12.10.11

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on May 9, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 10:21 AM

From Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support:

If you can't access a computer

If you can't access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.

Hopefully you device has been backed up to iCloud recently. You may have problems restoring a backup from Windows when iTunes isn't up to date. Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10?

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 10:21 AM in response to Dino-

From Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support:

If you can't access a computer

If you can't access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.

Hopefully you device has been backed up to iCloud recently. You may have problems restoring a backup from Windows when iTunes isn't up to date. Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10?

tt2

itunes problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.