Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Connect to the Internet

I have a Macbook pro. There are two admin accounts in this Macbook, I started mine recently. When I try to connect to my university internet using my admin account it does not connect. But when I do it from the first main admin account there's no problem. (Note: There are no problems when I connect to other networks until now from my admin account its just the university network.)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 9, 2022 11:03 PM

7 replies

May 9, 2022 11:42 PM in response to Davy_jones

Davy_jones Said:

"Cannot Connect to the Internet: "

-------

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi on a Mac:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

Boot into Safe Mode and then Clear your Temporary Internet Files of Safari:

1. Booting into Safe Mode: [hold down shift upon boot until the login screen appears]. See if this is still an issue. Safe Mode lets items run as default, without changes whatsoever. That is possible because caches of your macOS are temporarily disabled while in Safe Mode
  2. Clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari: Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

V. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

May 9, 2022 11:18 PM in response to Davy_jones

Davy_jones Said:

"Cannot Connect to the Internet: I have a Macbook pro. There are two admin accounts in this Macbook, I started mine recently. When I try to connect to my university internet using my admin account it does not connect. But when I do it from the first main admin account there's no problem. [...]its just the university network.)"

-------

Troubleshooting a School Logins:

Speak with the Web Master of you school's network, as they are the ones who troubleshoot the devices syncing to the network.

Cannot Connect to the Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.