Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing HEVC into FCX

Hi All,

I converted some HEVC, 30fps into Apple Pro Res from finder and after import I get audio only and the video stays on first frame.

The video plays fine without conversion in the finder but importing into FCX yields a strange looking washed out video that resists color correction.

I searched here but didn't find any other info other than converting from finder.

Using FCX 10.4.6

I have TOAST. But not compressor. I think I have QT Pro if that still is a thing.

Thanks,

Al

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 9:53 AM

The OS is OK. HDR Tools was introduced in 10.4 so they should be there. The Finder might be having problems doing the conversion. Al might try bringing the HEVC into FCP and either optimizing it or exporting it to ProRes to work with. If HDR isn't needed for output, HDR Tools could be used to convert it to Rec 709 while it was going to ProRes.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 9:53 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

The OS is OK. HDR Tools was introduced in 10.4 so they should be there. The Finder might be having problems doing the conversion. Al might try bringing the HEVC into FCP and either optimizing it or exporting it to ProRes to work with. If HDR isn't needed for output, HDR Tools could be used to convert it to Rec 709 while it was going to ProRes.

May 10, 2022 9:43 AM in response to UCanCallMeAl

This is rather old version. I don't recall when support for HEVC or HDR was introduced, but maybe the problems are due to the old OS, and/or the version of FCP.

In current FCP, there is a built-in "HDR Tools" effect that is useful for putting HDR material in SDR projects, but I can't say if that was present in 10.4.6... I'm guessing not.

Importing HEVC into FCX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.